Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas

We had a great Christmas this year. I have to admit....it is exhausting. We had a party for the office here. That turned out great. Nick and Steph were here and what a great help they were to me. I love Christmas, but sometimes I just feel like you are running too much and you can't enjoy. I think I say this every year, but next year I am done in October! I would much rather not have to do the shopping and the parties at the same time!! It still was fun. For Christmas we headed up to Montana. We got there on Christmas Eve. We were worried about the roads, but everything worked out great. We couldn't have asked for better roads. The kids were so excited to get there. They love going to Montana. Almost every night one of them prays that we will get to Montana safely the next time we go. I feel bad when I know we just got back and won't be heading that way for 6 months or so. We had Christmas Eve dinner and then had the kids dress up with whatever we could gather for the Nativity. This was the first time we did this with the kids and they loved it. We had Christmas presents in my parents loft. They have a shop out back and upstairs is where my mom put a tree and all the gifts. That is were santa came. So Christmas morning bright (or dark) and early that morning the kids put on their snow boots and coats and we headed over. We had a lot of fun with are family. The kids loved being with their cousins. Nick and Steph got them gingerbread house kits. That was a hit. They each had their own and not only liked making the houses, but eating the candy was fun too! We played games, rode the 4-wheeler, Just & Jess and Jer & I went skiing up at the ski hill close by. We had a ball. I think we decided to start skiing again.....well someday soon anyway. Kirt will be going on his mission the end of this month, so we also had his farewell that Sunday. It was great that we could all be there for that and see more of our family and old friends and neighbors. We are so blessed to have a close family. I just want all of my family to know how much we love and appreciate them. We are also so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. The best part of the holidays to me is feeling the gratitude that I have for all that I have been blessed with. My parents, brothers and their families, grandparents, and friends. Thank you and I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.





What a beautiful Nativity don't you think :o)
Yep! My dad used to play the accordion

Waiting "backstage"

Dad was teaching Kalyann, she actually played "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet".

Briana heading out to the loft for Santa gifts.

Do they look awake? Heading to the loft.




The loft Christmas morning.

Briana's Tutu

Jessica and Brooke

Sometimes the toys are for the big boys!

Nick, Steph, Sadie and Briana

Jess made the girls tutu's, aren't they cute!

Jer skiing

There was a moose in my parents front yard early one morning. It started heading down the road. The kids were all trying to see it.

The kids ready to head to Kirt's farewell (Kirt I wish you were in this picture!)

3 comments:

Kirt Taylor said...

There should be a picture of me and the kids, either on your camera or jessicas

Bethany said...

Hi Kalyann! This is Bethany.Can you belive that I have a blog all to myself? You can find it on my mom's blog, just look for my name in BIG letters. Please leave a commet.
LOVE,BETHANY P.S.If you need help ask your mom.

Talli said...

Your cute family has grown so much. It is so fun to get to see how big and cute they are all getting. I am glad I called about Braxtons tooth so now we can keep in touch:)