Saturday, October 11, 2008
Watermelon!
Well there is a big garden in our backyard. What an adventure to see what was planted. There is beans, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cantalope, watermelon, thyme, basil, fun, fun!! The watermelon looked so good. There was 2 big watermelons that were green and ready. So while my dad was here we decided to pick it for dinner................hmmmmm....how do you know when watermelon is ready. The kids were so excited and I made the cut...it was still white inside. I was a little mad to say the least. You hate to waste a watermelon! So we are waiting another month for the other. Now there are 3 or 4 starters. I am not sure they will survive the cold so we will see what happens.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Hey Brittany,
You should ask G-pa Kitchen. He told me when they are ripe they sound dull when you "flick" them. How are you guys?
It was good to hear from you!! It has been a long time.
As far as watermellon go, I am no expert, but my mother-in-law claims to be. She has always said to wait until the leaves or stem start to curl. So try that out.
I love gardens but tend to kill them, lucky for me Brett is really good at that type of thing. How fun for you all. Take care and I'll keep in touch!
Well, all I know is when I was a little girl, my mom would have me pick the watermelon at the store and I did a good job 80% of the time. However, I don't think I'm any good at it anymore. It LOOKS done to me! :) Karin and I were just talking about how we never you guy and the Layne Hatch clan. You should stop by next time you're in town. We'd love to see ya'll.
it was so good to see your family! i hope we can go down to tuscon and see nick and steph soon. your new house is BEAUTIFUL!! i am so excited for you guys! i know i would love to come up there and see you guys, we will have to see!
Brittany, I don't think Hurricane "cold" will ruin the watermelons! Hey, we just had snow this weekend! Can't wait to come see the new house. We are happy for you!!
Post a Comment