Saturday, September 19, 2009

Apple Cider moments!!

Alright, we heard that the dairy in Colorado City had apples for sale. 50lbs for $8.00. We went with some friends to the dairy for apples and an ice cream cone. I am going to bottle apple pie filling, but Jeremy wanted to do Apple Cider. What he forgot to mention was first thing this morning. Since I just did peaches, I wasn't really ready to break out the apples. Ready or not he
brought them up and pretty much did it himself. All I did was help him heat the juice and bottle it. He cut all the apples and used our juicer and even cleaned up! The juice is actually good. The only downfall is you don't get a whole lot of juice. We probably juiced 30lbs of apples and bottled 7 quarts. So it is to be used on really special occasions! I was thinking we may have to get more apples.

(gotta love the apron!)


1 comment:

Em said...

I like the BYU shirt... :)